Mint Cottage is a 5 Star GOLD luxury treat in a very special location. A historic and romantic cottage in one of Englands Best Preserved Medieval Village of Lavenham. This is the sister cottage to Penny Cottage, which shares the beautiful mature garden. Built in the 16th Century as a Weavers Cottage – Mint Cottage is an experience to cherish due to its many beautiful antique furnishings and luxury features.
- The open log fire and the massive antique four poster bed makes this self catering cottage a romantic treat to remember for couples staying in Historic Lavenham.
- Mint Cottage has many wonderful period features – broad oak floor boards, ancient beamed and arched rooms, old brickwork, listed wood panelling and mullioned windows. The bright sitting room has a lovely open log fire and a big comfy sofa to cosy up and relax in. The kitchen dining area contains all of the modern conveniences including dishwasher, refrigerator and washing machine.
- Walk straight out from the kitchen onto the private patio and enjoy a glass of wine as you relax looking out over the lovely garden, and to the Suffolk countryside beyond.
- Steps leading down from the patio bring you into the large and mature garden which is shared with Penny Cottage next door, also part of our small group of holiday cottages. The garden has some nice quiet places to enjoy a picnic or have some privacy.
- The beautiful bedroom has a high vaulted ceiling with a wealth of ancient oak beams including a beautiful Crown Post and fabulous original broad oak flooring. There are fine Persian rugs on the floor and a gorgeous 4 poster super king bed with silk tapestry hangings. The bedroom has a lovely en suite bathroom with a shower over the bath.
- The steep stairs winding up into the bedroom give away the age of the building.
- With full central heating throughout the cottage, it is 5 star rated with a Gold award by Visit England because of the very high quality of furnishings and equipment, because of this we are unable to offer the cottage to guests with pets or to smokers.
There is unrestricted parking outside the house and normally it is possible to park very close. For a fuller description and lots of photos of this beautiful ‘listed’ house, please visit our website.
We are pleased to announce that Mint Cottage has just been awarded the Coveted Rose Award for going ‘that Extra Mile’ to provide excellent customer service.