You enter The Tryst straight into a cosy sitting room with a huge inglenook fireplace with a bressumer beam, containing a charming wood burner. There are ancient beams throughout and a beautifully decorated wood panelled wall; the sitting room contains two comfy sofas. Through the door in the wood panelled wall is a good sized farmhouse kitchen with its wonderful working Aga stove and shaker style interior.
The kitchen is well appointed and looks out over the pretty walled ‘knot garden’. To the right of the sitting room is the deep red dining room which easily seats 6 at its oak refectory table.
From here you carry on round to The Indian Room which is a ground floor single bedroom with double oak doors leading out to the garden. Next to it is the downstairs ‘wet room’ (shower bathroom).Up the pretty winding stairs from the dining room is a large hall leading to the bathroom with its pretty roll top bath and the two double bedrooms. The Gold Room is the master bedroom. This light and airy room reaching up to the high rafters boasts a twenty one arm brass chandelier. From here you can see the house that was featured in the Harry Potter films as his ancient country house.
The French Room has windows on three aspects. It is very light and has beautiful views over the garden. The wonderful beam work reaches high up to culminate in the historic Crown Post. The room is furnished in a French theme and is a very romantic. The beautiful structure of the building with its Tudor nooks, wattle and daub walls, lovely antique furniture, magnificent beams, broad oak floors and uneven lines creates an extremely warm, cosy and fascinating atmosphere to enjoy.
This is a house to really enjoy, but even historical buildings have to keep up with the times.
- .. Good unlimited wireless broadband is provided via BT.
- A smart, internet enabled TV is provided in the sitting room and has access to Freeview.
- We have thrown in Netflix too, so you are very welcome to immerse yourself in their extended library of films and TV series!
- A Bluetooth enabled Bose iPod dock is available.
- A washing machine, dishwasher and fridge with freezer compartment are all hidden away in the kitchen.
- Old and new books are available for you to read as well as magazines and AGA cook books.
- Central heating is fitted throughout, with underfloor heating.
- A sunny and enclosed garden to enjoy.
There is unrestricted parking outside the house and normally it is possible to park very close. For a fuller description of this beautiful ‘listed’ house please visit our website